Trimble Spectra Precision DR400 DigiRod, The Rod-less Grade Checker.
The Spectra Precision® DR400 DigiRod is a versatile, revolutionary tool that eliminates the need for grade rods when checking grades with a rotating laser. The combination of a laser receiver with digital readout, laser distance meter, and built-in tilt sensor provide the information required to take rod-less, accurate grade readings, even at tilt angles up to 30 degrees.
Various grade rods can be emulated including direct elevation rods, cut/fill rods and indirect reading rods. Units of measure are selectable with the press of a button in meters, decimal feet or fractional inches. Elevation measurements can be taken up to 6 meters (20 feet) and the tilt sensor ensures accuracy by automatically correcting to actual vertical distance. The user simply places the laser distance meter spot on the location a grade check is required, picks up the rotating laser beam anywhere on the reception window, and the distance from ground to the rotating beam is measured and displayed.
Based upon the popular HL700 Laserometer, the DR400 DigiRod functions as a laser receiver and will work with any rotational red beam laser.
As a stand-alone laser distance meter, the DigiRod is designed to give contractors a one-person distance measuring and estimating tool to measure remote and difficult-to-reach places such as high overheads, factory interiors, or over water.
- The Spectra Precision DR400 is a combination Laserometer (HL700) with a built in electronic laser grade rod.
- The DR400 combines both functions (receiver and rod) in a handheld receiver sized package.
- The DR400 incorporates Trimble HL700 Supercell technology, laser distance measuring technology and angle sensing components to achieve these goals.
- The DR400 is 3 products All-in-One: A DigiRod system, A handheld laser distance meter, A stand-alone Laserometer (HL700)
- Built in angle sensing and COMPENSATION up to 30° allows remote measurements in deep excavations without danger, reduces trips down into the excavation, and practically eliminates rod tilt errors
- Emulates rods as long as 6m (20 ft) in a package only 30cm (12 in) long that you can wear on your belt
- Emulates all existing rod types: Indirect Elevation (rod with 0 on bottom and high number on top), Direct Elevation with or without Sea Level Reference, Cut/Fill
- Selectable rod units of measure; Meters, Feet, Inches
- Can be easily carried in a small vehicle in urban areas, extremely portable and lightweight
- Contractor can do his initial survey to calculate dirt volumes, then immediately switch to excavating with cut/fills without switching rods
- Eliminates errors from users misreading rods, scales, incorrectly calculating rod operations or remembering whole sea level numbers
- Saves operating cost due to zero rod maintenance (direct elevation reading Lenker rods need tapes replaced yearly at $200 / each)
- As Distance Meter; Range up to 50m (160ft), Accuracy of ±2.0mm (±1/16in)
- 5 Year Warranty, 3 Years “No Excuses”
- Package Includes DR400 unit, Holster with belt clip (for pocket or belt attachment), snap on handle grip, laser glasses, Standard HL750 rod clamp